Thursday, September 25, 2008

get to know me

who am i?
my name is angela. i am the third born child in my family. i live in a small, dirty city which i detest. it is the city that i grew up in, dreamed of leaving. i finally did ( to attend college in another province), but somehow ended up back here. my family lives here. other than that, we are here strictly because of my husband's job (which for the time is a very good one, especially for someone just out of college)

my parents live on a lake in the city. they are building a new house which is turning into a quite an adventure. my brother ( 4 years older than i) and his wife ( she's from england) recently bought an adorable little house in this city. they have a sweet little min pin/ chihuahua. my sister ( 6 years older than i) and her husband moved back from living in vancouver for the past 6 years. they bought a beautiful new house a few blocks away from my brother.

i am a lifeguard/ swimming instructor ( I run a small swim school in my spare time www.freewebs.com/splashswimschool ).

i live for photography, swimming, golfing, scrapbooking, music.

i love to cook and wish i could devote more time to sewing projects. my friend charissa is an amazing seamstress.... http://billygoatdesigns.blogspot.com/ (buy some of her stuff. its awesome and made in canada. i LOVE the headbands. way the heck better than any lululemon)

i also really love this blog.... ( I'm all about going green, saving the earth and being healthy and find my opinion very similar to jen's. ) http://alifeinprogress.wordpress.com/

i've always loved photography. it enables me to express myself, create art, preserve memories and have great photos to scrapbook with. i took photography throughout highschool, and recently bought the CANON REBEL XSI. I'm now dabbling in the world of digital.

One of my great loves is TRAVEL. I have been across canada, many of the states, germany '03 england ( twice '04,'06), ecuador/costa rica ('05), mexico ('07), dominican republic ('07), hawaii ('08). My husband and I are planning an extended holiday to Panama/ Costa Rica this december. Next year, we hope to drive the oregan coast to California and possibly head over to europe. Its great to have a husband hooked on travel.

On the topic of my husband..... We met in spring '04. We started dating in spring '05. Got engaged at the end of '06. Married june 23, 2007. I love him to bits. He's quiet and thinks before he speaks. These things... I am not.

Together we have the cutest dog ever. We adopted her in April 2008. She is a short haired, long tailed, jack russell terrier named Chloe. We have affectionately given her about 10 nicknames and taken 2000+ photos of her. We are obsessed.

I am an optician/ optometric assistant. I do this job one day/ week. Travis works fulltime as an Instrument Technician at the husky oil refinery in our town. They are partially to blame for the stinky smell/ pollution which makes me sick and makes me detest this town.

For our 1st anniversary, we bought ourselves golf clubs and got quite into it this summer.

We love The Office. its on right now. so see ya!

1 comments:

Shaina Longstreet said...

i am loving the look of your new blog! so cute. and what a great name. :D
i'm totally adding you to my list of blogs! can't wait to see more of your photography and scrapbooking. check out some of the scrapbooking challenge links on my blog... you'll get hooked!
talk to ya soon!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com