Thursday, October 2, 2008

MAN, I feel like a woman!

I'm almost scared to post that I'm home alone for the next three nights. What if those crazy movies ( which i am too scared to even watch previews for, so who knows if this is even a story line) where some creep ( obviously ) reads this married girl's blog, then totally plans to get her on the one ( or three) night of the year that her husband is away. what if he totally stages it so that it looks like the couple's adorable jack russell ( or other breed dog) has killed the wife. then the husband comes home devastated to have lost his wife and lost his love for/ trust in/ friendship with "man's best friend". guaranteed i will not sleep tonight. not a wink..... because my imagination runs WILD. and i start having heart palpitations at the mere thoughts that are concocted in my head. ahhh.... it would probably be worse if i had caffiene. i should really think twice about drinking this pot of tea that is steeping. But alas, my husband is working nights. for 3 nights. this schedule is RIDICULOUS. i simply cannot imagine how families cope who have this kind of backwards ( in my opinion) schedule. these have been the worst 2 weeks (schedule wise). augh

monday marked the 2 year anniversary of the tragic car accident that took my best (school) friend's life. i think about geoff weekly. sometimes daily. he was a brilliant, sweet friend. we went to school since grade 1 together. we were 'rivals' ( with grades ), but great pals. we were neighbours and spent afterschools and summers canoeing, bikeriding, trampolining, boating. every morning in grade 8 and 9 we sat on a heater and did the wonderword in the newspaper (which we both delivered and would cover for each other's routes for holiday coverage etc). the last time i saw geoff was in may 2005, a few days before i moved to medicine hat for college. we talked and hugged and cried. i never knew that was the last day i would see him. he helped me (tremendously) through a great illness that consumed me in junior high. he would bring me homework and most of all he brought me comfort. i adored him for it. travis (starving student himself) bought me a very expensive plane ticket ( which i still haven't paid him back for) to ensure i made it home for geoff's funeral ( which was one of the hardest things ever). that was among the things that made me sure i loved travis.

travis' dad also died just a few months after we started dating. the fact that we helped each other through such difficult times (in the beginning of our relationship) makes me so confident that we can get through anything that is thrown at us. i love him so much.

even a few nights apart while he is on night shift.

so i'm gonna get out my hair curler and girlie music dance around the house singing....

1 comments:

Shaina Longstreet said...

wish i lived closer and we could have a "slumber party" and protect each other!

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com